Experienced PHP Developer
Are you a problem-solver? A self-starting PHP developer who loves to write high-quality code and produce great front-end user experiences? A good communicator who can strike up positive relationships with customers?
Location: UK, Hamilton
Type of Role: Permanent
Full-time or part-time: Full-time
Salary Range: Competitive
About The Company
MediaCorp are a vibrant and expanding, award-winning e-learning solutions company who love clever software and embrace technical innovation. Our solutions are based on open source platforms, as well as our own custom applications and we reward excellence, handsomely.
We have a wide range of high-profile clients with whom we work in close partnership to ensure their goals and aspirations are achieved. Those clients include: The NHS, The Scottish Parliament, The Alzheimer’s Society, A.G. Barr, Historic Royal Palaces and many more.
About The Role
We are looking for a developer who has several years’ experience in developing PHP solutions, with ideally at least one year’s experience of customising the open-source learning management system, Moodle – e.g. developing plug-ins etc. Similar experience in Totara would also be beneficial.
After a short induction period, the successful candidate will be a self-starter who takes ownership of projects, can envision solutions from an end-user perspective and is comfortable communicating with customers in non-technical language.
- Ability to develop clean, robust and re-usable PHP code
- Background in Totara/Moodle theme development and or plugin development
- Good knowledge of MySQL HTML5, CSS3
- Experience using both Linux and Microsoft based servers
- Background in all layers of the MVC model, including HTML5 and responsive design
- An eye for visual design and detail, and a feel for great user experiences.
- Knowledge in other programming languages would be beneficial, especially Java/JSP
- Relevant computing degree or equivalent industry experience
- Totara customisation experience
- Enthusiastic about open-source technologies
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop Moodle and Totara customisations, and contribute to the further development of the client’s own e-learning software programs
- Provide technical direction and lead on technical innovation
- Scope out technical requirements in conjunction with main stakeholders
- Define and propose technical solutions to meet changing business and customer needs
- Deliver technical projects in line with specifications/quality and timescales agreed
If you think this is the role for you, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you think you’re the best person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE